The Kew Hebrew Congregation, directed by the Board of Management, is committed to transparency regarding the collection and use of personal data. The new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is now in effect. In this policy is stated how the personal information is collected, and what we do with it.
The Kew Hebrew Congregation has long been committed to advancing to the Jewish community and it's cultural and religious commitment and way of life. Thus reinforcing our sense of community and cultural identity.
The Kew Hebrew Congregation deems an individual’s right to keep their personal information private very important, and the Kew Hebrew Congregation Website is committed to protecting and maintaining the privacy, accuracy and security of it's members' personal information.
Collection of information
KHC will only collect information that is relevant to it's relationship with members. The information KHC collects will include contact details, and other personal details that are directly relevant to our relationship. We will collect this information directly from the members. All this only regarding the membership to KHC.
How we use the members' information
KHC management will not share, sell or trade or otherwise disclose or reveal personal information to any organisations or persons.
KHC will limit the use of personal information to:
• Contacting members, either by mail, email, facsimile, by phone, or other electronic means for the purposes of disseminating information relating to the Kew Hebrew Congregation and it's functions, including but not limited to any newsletters, and other such information; or
• Carrying out our work which may include gathering membership information for management purposes, planning, research and analysis; or to
• Fulfill our legal requirements (for example, disclosure to law enforcement agencies or the courts;)
Who will use personal information
KHC management will not share, sell or trade any personal information to any organisations or persons.
Members' information is secure
• We will use up-to-date techniques and processes which meet certain minimum standards to ensure that personal information is kept secure and confidential.
• Only those persons who perform services on our behalf, and are authorised to handle this personal information, will have access to personal information.
• KHC will not retain any personal information for any longer than it is required.
• We will keep personal information accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
• Members can have access to their information.
• Members will be able to access the personal information KHC holds about them and request corrections.
The Kew Hebrew Congregation Management is bound by the National Privacy Principles for the handling of personal information.